Sep 14, 2007

Learning Japanese

Konnichiwa!~ I love Japan and so do you!~ Dai suki~~~!! This section is to share some common Japanese spoken in Japan. Hope it helps when getting around in Japan. >_<

30 Sep 2007:

Lesson 2: I'm Hungry
watashi: I/me
onaka: stomach
suita: hungry
("ta"[past tense] is used instead of "te" [present tense])
wa: is/am particle
ga: existence particle

(Watashi wa) onaka ga suita.
I am Hungry.

Tips: When you try to call the waiter/waitress, you will say "sumimasen!" (excuse me). Don't be surprise if you hear customers shouting across the restaurant, I encountered that before!


25 Sep 2007:

Lesson 1: Greetings
ohayou: good morning
konnichiwa: good afternoon / hello
konbanwa: good evening
oyasumi: good night
sayounara / ja: goodbye
arigatou: thank you

Tips: Sometimes when you don't understand what they are saying, just say "sou desu ne..." to indicate you agree with what they are saying. It actually means "oh, I see...".

No comments: